Song Lyric Sunday…
Today’s Prompt…“Cowboy/Gun/Hat/Horse/Western” This is the song from the movie, “True Grit,” which is also the name of the song. Who Knew 😉 When I saw the prompt I immediately thought of America’s greatest cowboy !!! ❤ John Wayne ❤ The song is by performed by the the late great Mr. Glen Campbell…
One day, little girl, the sadness will leave your face
As soon as you’ve won you’ll fight to get justice done
Some days little girl you’ll wonder what life’s about
But other’s have known few battles are won alone
So, you’ll look around to find
Someone who’s kind, someone who is fearless like you
The pain of it will ease a bit
When you find a man with true grit
One day you will rise and you won’t believe your eyes
You’ll wake up and see
A world that is fine and free
Though summer seems far away
You will find the sun one day
Thanks you again for the prompt Mr. Jim…Happy 3 Day Weekend, Happy Fall
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.