C is for The Cowboys…AtoZChallenge
T H E O W B O Y S…starring
This was a really good movie. It’s a western starring John Wayne as the good guy, and Bruce Dern as the “Long Hair, Asa Watts,” bad guy. He was a good/bad guy. I’ll let you read the story but it’s one of our fav’s. The quotes are really good too. We say one of them every year as we are headed into the fall. The husband will look over at me with his cheeky smile and give me a wink and say, “Summer’s over, Mr. Nightlinger.” Here is a list of some of the other quotes…
- Wil Anderson: Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let’s go! We’re burnin’ daylight!
- Wil Andersen:Big mouth don’t make a big man.
- Jebediah Nightlinger:Well, I have the inclination, the maturity, and the where-with-all; but unfortunately, I don’t have the time.
- Jebediah Nightlinger: [praying to God before he’s about to hanged by Asa Watts and his gang] I regret trifling with married women. I’m thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I’ve killed in anger [eyes shifting to Asa Watts] … and those I am about to.
- [before fighting Asa Watts] Wil Andersen : I’m thirty years older than you are. I had my back broke once, and my hip twice. And on my worst day I could beat the hell out of you. Asa Watts : [smiles, shakes his head] I don’t think so. Wil Andersen : You will. [Knocks him down with a big left]
I’m sure I could write the whole movie down for you, but you should really go and watch it. It’s fun to see good guy/bad guy/good guy wins movie…You’ll want to watch it after you see the trailer. It’s the kind of movie you watch on a rainy Saturday afternoon. Grab some popcorn & candy, you won’t be sorry.